Although some are born leaders, most men and women of accomplishment are quick to acknowledge that they reached their full potential because of the valuable insight and inspiration of proven leaders. To be the best in your chosen profession- whether in the military, government, healthcare, public service or private sector- its essential to witness firsthand the powerful examples set by acknowledged experts for those who follow.
Leadership Hernando, the largest community leadership program in Hernando County, creates opportunities to observe, interact and learn from public, private and civic leaders across the county.
Since 1992, the mission of Leadership Hernando has been to encourage, develop and provide leadership for our community.
Twenty-five (25) participants are selected annually to complete twelve (12) all day sessions. To date, Leadership Hernando has graduated over 525 Leaders!
Everything! As long as making yourself more valuable to your company and to your community is important to you! Leadership Hernando provide more than an education, it helps cultivate your relationships.
Why Leadership Hernando? What's In It for Me?
- Builds both business and personal contacts
- Provides proven learning tools for business and community leaders
- For newcomers to the community, it is a quick and complete orientation of Hernando County
- Get connected and engaged!
- High energy learning through hands-on experience
- Classes are efficiently organized and professionally facilitated
- Increases your community exposure and awareness
What's In It for My Company?
Your company will benefit from a proven developmental program that helps expand your scope and reach.
- Creates opportunities to market your company
- Develops your employees and improves retention
- Leadership Hernando is often used as a recruiting tool, and as a vehicle for on-going professional training.
CLASS OF 2018 SESSION DATES
June 6th Orientation
June 7th Team Buiding Day*
June 14th Criminal Justice Day
June 28th Economic Development Day
July 12th Government Day
July 26th Health Day
August 9th SIMSOC*
August 23rd Naturally Hernando Day
September 6th Mining Day
September 20th Education Day
October 4th Community Impact Day
October 18th First Responders Day
November 1st Inspiration Day
November 9th Graduation*
*Mandatory sessions which are required for
participants to become a Leadership Hernando
The Application Process
Applications for Leadership Hernando are available February through May of each year. The Committee interviews applicants in the month of May each year and selects only twenty-five (25) participants to embark on the six-month Leadership Hernando adventure. Since the number of appointments to Leadership Hernando is limited, applicants not selected are encouraged to reapply in subsequent years.
Networking with Business Leaders
Behind the Scenes Look of Our Business Community
Building Business Relationships
Building Long Lasting Friendships